Monday, May 19, 2008

It’s Time For You To Be Rich!!!

Here is a fundamental truth that many people won’t admit – we would all like to be rich. If we are capable of being rich, and we can get rich via win-win situations, without hurting or taking advantage of anyone in any way, why would we not choose to be rich? If rich doesn’t agree with your moral values, think of the good you could do with millions of dollars at your disposal… How about starting up a charity to support your favorite cause? How about my personal goal, which is to give lump sums of one million dollars each to my church and a children’s charity that is near and dear to me? How about what Robert Allen and Mark Victor Hansen aspire to – to create a million millionaires who all give a million away to their favorite church or charity?

We live in an abundant universe, and God wants us to be abundant, and thinking that money is the root of all evil is so old school. Closer to the truth is that lack of money is the root of all evil. I hear biblical phrases thrown about saying how good it is to be poor, but I seldom hear mention of biblical phrases about prosperity… So here are a few.

“Let the LORD be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” -Psalm 35:27

“If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.” -Job 36:11

“Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments… Wealth and riches shall be in his house.” -Psalm 112:1-3

Or, how about the parable of the talents, where the servant who multiplies his talents is rewarded with many cities, and the servant who buried his talent in the sand gets nothing, because to he who hath, more will be given, but to he who hath not, even that little which he hath will be taken away? Was this not a direct biblical command to manage the money God allows into our lives, and to manage it well, and to make it grow and multiply?

Many people don’t have the why part of getting rich down, and I promise you this, if you don’t have the why, you will never, ever get the how. Also, personally, I feel that giving back has to be part of your why (especially if you have issues regarding whether or not you deserve to be rich). There is nothing at all wrong with wanting to improve yourself, your life, and the lives of your family, but for most people, the recipe doesn’t work if giving back isn’t part of the equation, too. The why is the first, necessary ingredient. Next, on to the how.

Most of you have been reading my blog for a while, and my e-mails before that, and you know that I don’t do too many actual sales pitches… But every now and then it is necessary to give people a nudge towards something that will be in their own best interest, and that is what I am about to do.

“Rich Dad, Poor Dad”, by Robert Kiyosaki, is among my recommended books, for several reasons. First, it is a great book about having the mindset of the rich. Second, it is in storybook format, which means it is easy to read, and it is a real page turner. When I first read the book, I couldn’t put it down – I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning reading, wanting to find out what the boys, Robert and Michael, learned from their Rich Dad. I started it one day, and finished it the next. It is that good! Third, it is the book that started me personally on the path to wealth – it is where I really started to get my millionaire mind, and many others as well. Also, let me throw one other thing into the ring… I read the book the first time at the public library. It was so good, I eventually had to have it, and bought myself a copy. I loaned that copy out, and it never returned, so I bought myself another copy. Then, either I loaned that one out, or misplaced it, and I bought myself a third copy. I have recommended the book to almost all of my family and friends. To most people who ask me how to build wealth, I tell them, if they haven’t already, to start by reading “Rich Dad, Poor Dad”. I have read the book at least a half dozen times or so, and I just finished reading it again right now. I also read all of the Rich Dad books, and own several more, either books or CDs. If you don’t already own this book, ask yourself, if someone who is financially free at 39 years of age feels this book is good enough to purchase three copies, study every book in the collection, read it over and over again, and recommend it to family and friends and anyone who will listen… If it has helped countless numbers of people learn how to create wealth… Ask yourself, “If I want to be rich, is there a chance that maybe I should own it too?” If you realize you should, click on my link now and buy it through Amazon, which is where I buy almost all of my wealth materials these days. The 4% associate fee I earn won’t mean much to me one way or the other, but the book could make a difference in your life, and if I didn’t prompt you to get it, shame on me!!!

Now, to finish up, I am going to give you a few samples from the book – just a small taste of what “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” will give you…

Rich Dad says that fear of being without money motivates us to work hard, and then, once we get that paycheck, greed or desire starts us thinking about all the wonderful things money can buy. The pattern is then set. “The pattern of get up, go to work, pay bills, get up, go to work, pay bills… Their lives are then run forever by the two emotions, fear and greed. Offer them more money, and they continue the cycle, by also increasing their spending. This is what I call the Rat Race.” “There is another way?” Mike asked. “Yes,” said rich dad slowly. “But only a few people find it.” “And what is that way?” Mike asked. “That’s what I hope you boys will find out as you work and study with me.”

A little further along, Rich Dad says, “I’ve met so many people who say, ‘Oh, I’m not interested in money.’ Yet they’ll work at a job for eight hours a day. That’s a denial of the truth. If they weren’t interested in money, then why are they working?”

Now, here is a rich dad quote I really love… “A job is really a short-term solution to a long-term problem.”

“Wealth is a person’s ability to survive so many number of days forward… or if I stopped working today, how long could I survive?”

“The rich buy assets. The poor only have expenses. The middle class buys liabilities they think are assets.” Robert Kiyosaki basically says that an asset is anything that puts money into your pocket, without you having to work for it. Liabilities are anything that cost you money.

Rich Dad forbade the words, “I can’t afford it”, because he said it shut down the brain. Instead, he said to ask, “How can I afford it?”, which forces your brain to think and search for answers.

“The main reason people struggle financially is because they spent years in school but learned nothing about money. The result is, people learn to work for money… but never learn to have money work for them”, says Robert Kiyosaki.

“Every day with every dollar, you decide to be rich, poor, or middle class”, and 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' will share with you the differences in mindset between those three groups, then you can choose which one you want to be in, so you don’t risk ending up in the wrong group by default.

Now that my article is done, let me remind you, if you want to own 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad', please click on my link (right hand side of the blog) to buy it through Amazon.com... Thanks, and best wishes!

No comments: