Thursday, July 3, 2008

My vacation, and a business quote for the day...

Hi everyone!

I haven't had time to write much lately... My family and I just got back from two weeks of vacation in Michigan, much of which was spent with my wife's relatives... I guess every family has a few 'quirky' members, but most of them are terrific, and we had a great time (really, we did)!

We did some boating, with tubing and water skiing, some swimming and hot tubbing, played ping pong, got to see many houses and talk to Tammy's relatives about what they have done with their houses and what they plan to do (which a house guy like me always enjoys). We spent three days in Mackinac (tourist town), where we had a jacuzzi in our suite, and an indoor water park at our hotel, where we had hours and hours of family fun. We discovered "ladderball", which is a fun game that was new to us, went to a wedding and reception, a family reunion, and much more. My six year old got to have six birthday parties, as most everyone wanted to do a small party for his July 1st birthday, plus he got a real 4-wheeler from Mom and Dad at his first party before we ever left for vacation (it will be tough for us to ever top this birthday)! We stayed busy, showed off our two amazing boys to everyone, reconnected with many, and most of the rent checks came in while we were away. One of the benefits of buy and hold real estate - earning money even while you are gone on vacation!

I am not sure how much writing I will do in the near future, either, as we are finishing upgrades on one of my rental properties now, with a rehab house waiting to follow that, and I close on another fixer-upper Tuesday of this coming week. Time to get back to basics, get out to some job sites, and start making sure things are getting done, done right, and done in a timely manner! I have been reading Frank McKinney lately, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I am fired up to get back in the field and start leading by example (aka - hard work). I don't usually do a lot of the fix up myself, but I can do some, plus the planning, some shopping, etc. (it has been a while since I got very 'hands on'). Eventually I will let you know if buy, fix up, and sell works for me in this real estate market (hopefully it will be good news - I am confident that it will be)!

Anyhow, I thought I would share a business quote for the day...
"When everyone is looking for gold, it is a good time to be in the pick and shovel business." -Mark Twain

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These Lund Letters are very much appreciated.

I'm taking care of my real estate business that I have in N.H. while I'm here for the summer. It's going well. Lakeland's investments are also doing very well. I look forward to more projects ahead.
Sooo........ Thanks Chris for the time you take to give out of yourself and for your generosity. You reap what you sow , right? You've been sowing some good seed.
God Bless, Nancy